Eco swap: From cling wraps / plastic bags to beeswax wraps
Our wraps are handcrafted with 100% natural materials including certified organic New Zealand beeswax, certified organic coconut oil, tree resin and cotton. These wraps are self-adhesive and a perfect waste-free alternative to plastic cling wraps. Versatile, reusable and ideal even to be used to wrap food for kids, the natural ingredients keep food fresh for a longer period. Not to mention, these beautiful and eye-catching prints add cheer around the kitchen/lunchbox! In short, they are essential in the kitchen!
Our wraps can last between 6 to 9 months, depending on usage and care. If your wraps get a little tired looking over time, try giving it a new lease of life by using beeswax mending bars. If not, simply use it till it can't function as a wrap, and upcycle the fabric. For example, you can use them as fabric wraps for gifts! ;)
How to use
- Mould and shape over and around food or dishes to keep them fresh
- Shape into envelopes, pouches or cones to carry food on the go
What you can wrap
- Blocks of cheese
- Half-cut fruits and vegetables. e.g. halved avocados, sweet potatoes
- Loaves of bread and sandwiches to keep them fresh
- Wash with cool water and mild detergent
- Do not use to cover raw meat
- Avoid placing near direct sunlight or a heat source
- Not suitable for washing machines, dishwashers, microwave or conventional ovens.
Each lunch pack comes in a pack of 2 different sized wraps
- Small: 18 x 22 cm
- Medium: 26 x 33 cm
Do note that wraps may vary in print placements due to fabric design.